Game developer ♦ Accessibility consultant ♦ Developmental educator
I hold an obligation to myself, my communities and the world to design and educate inclusively, ethically and creatively.
I strive to actively contribute to and lead innovative, inclusive and effective outcomes in my work; enable creators of things and spaces to actively and intentionally include all kinds of people; and prioritise listening and learning from those I encounter, particularly those from marginalised groups or who have experiences different to my own, about how this can be done better.
I value play, exploration and growth as essential to all aspects of work and life. I view creative, innovative approaches to be crucial in tackling challenges – whether they be regarding people, systems or technology.
Bachelor of Disability and Developmental Education, Flinders University [Completed 2016]
Bachelor of Serious Games, University of the Sunshine Coast [Currently completing]
Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care, TAFE Queensland [Currently completing]
GDC 2019 Velocity Scholarship Award, International Game Developers Association Foundation
Excellence in Narrative Award, Bound By Blood, Freeplay Independent Games Festival 2018
Queerly Represent Me (QRM), Accessibility Consultant (2018 – present)
- I implemented alternative text on QRM web images, enabling their website to be more accessible.
- I created an informative, clear guide for implementing alternative text, allowing QRM staff and consumers to feel confident in doing this.
- I contributed to the Game As You Are articles, exploring accessibility issues within gaming spaces.
Edmund Rice Camps South Australia, Project Officer (2016)
- I demonstrated excellent communication skills to volunteers, referral agencies, and external stakeholders, ensuring those I spoke with felt safe and satisfied.
- I prioritised my time effectively between database maintenance, volunteer communications and resource management, enabling camp programs and admin processes to continue to run smoothly.
- I continued to foster a strong, inclusive and proactive volunteer culture, allowing all volunteers to feel welcome and valued.
Various South Australian disability and community services organisations, Support Worker (2012 – 2016)
- I displayed proactivity, empathy and adaptability when responding to behaviours of concern, enabling the people I supported to feel valued and understood and for crises to be managed effectively.
- was organised and attentive when administering medication and supporting individuals with health management / their personal care needs, creating an environment of safety and comfort for those I supported.
- I sought opportunities to enable those I supported to learn and grow and actively involved them in conversations and decisions about their lives, which supported them to feel confident and empowered.
Talks & Panels
Accessible Icebreakers: Creating a Requirement-Based Taxonomy, DiGRAA Australia 2019
The Bridge Between: Serious Games Industry Panel, GCAP 2018
Queerly Represent Me is representing you!, PAXAUS 2018
How To Choose A Video Game School, PAXAUS 2018
SimGHOSTS Student Panel microtalk, SimGHOSTS 2018
Something Cool We’ve Learnt, Sunshine Coast Game Dev Lobby 2018
Games Are For Everyone: The Accessibility Panel, PAXAUS 2017
USC Serious Games Showcase Pitch, 2017
For a complete list of my published works, please visit my Publications page.
Tech Girls Are Superheroes, Mentor (2017, 2018)
Nonbinary People and Women Creative Collective Sunshine Coast, Facilitator / Moderator (2018 – present)
IGDA LGBTI+ SIG, Facebook Group Moderator (2018 – present)
Sunshine Coast Game Jams, Organiser / Icebreaker Facilitator / Grievance Officer (2018 – present)
University of the Sunshine Coast: Serious Games, Volunteer (2016 – present)
Lab of Awesome, Volunteer (2016, 2017)
Fusion Sunshine Coast, Event Volunteer / Op Shop Volunteer / Day Supervisor (2017)
Edmund Rice Camps SA, Camp Leader / Camp Coordinator / First Aid Officer / Child Safe Reporting Officer (2011 – 2017)
St Andrew’s Autism Centre, Singapore, Placement Student (Feb 2015)
Christies Beach High School, Placement Student (2014)
Disability Advisory Support Service, Placement Student (2013)
Further details provided upon request.